Grilled chicken marinated in Italian dressing and topped with melted mozzarella, a tomato, and basil is the perfect weeknight dinner during Summer. It’s so easy to prepare and will become a weeknight staple.
Drizzle with olive oil or some balsamic vinegar on top. Serve with some grilled potatoes or corn on the side. I tried to make my plate look fancy by drizzling some oil on it but it just all ended up in the middle of the plate. LOL
Ingredients for Caprese Chicken
Are you wondering why I used a specific ingredient for a recipe? Check out this section for substitutes as well.
Italian Dressing: This is a great marinade for grilled chicken. The dry Italian seasoning mix will also work with this. Just rub it all over the chicken before grilling.
Fresh Mozzarella: ALWAYS use fresh. No skipping and using fat-free mozzarella or reduced-fat on this chicken. It just melts better on top of the chicken.
Tomatoes and Basil - It’s Summer! Pick these up fresh at your local farmer’s market for the best tasting Caprese chicken.
How to Make Caprese Chicken
In a ziplock freezer bag, add the chicken breasts and Italian dressing. Close the bag, and let the chicken marinate for 15 minutes.
Grill the chicken on medium-high heat until the chicken reaches a temperature of 165 degrees and is no longer pink in the middle. About 5 to 7 minutes per side.
Place a slice of mozzarella on top of each chicken breast and close the lid on the grill. Let the cheese melt on top of the chicken.
Transfer the cooked chicken to a platter.
Top with fresh mozzarella, tomato slices, and basil. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes. Serve.
Other Great Grilling Recipes for Summer
Grilled Honey Garlic Shrimp Kabobs
Easy 3 Ingredient Marinade for Chicken
*If you make this recipe please comment and rate the recipe below to let everyone know how it is, or tag me on Instagram! If you want to upload a photo yoHow do you figure out points for recipes?
How do you figure out points for recipes?
The recipe builder app from WW is what I use to figure out points for all my recipes. It comes with your WW membership. I would suggest entering my recipes into the builder once you’ve tried it and liked it. That way you can easily track your day. It is also helpful to use if you have a question about the points regarding a recipe.
Why am I still getting different points from what you have listed?
This could be quite a number of reasons and here are a few that I have come across.
- Number of servings
- Low-Fat vs Fat-Free ingredients
- Zero Point foods are different for all 3 plans
- Using the nutrition info calculator instead of the recipe builder
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Yield: 2 1x
- ¼ cup Italian dressing (fat-free)
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into ¼-inch slices, halved, and patted dry
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 large tomato, sliced into rounds
- ½ cup of fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- Balsamic vinegar or olive oil for drizzle (optional)
- Grill the chicken on medium-high heat until the chicken reaches a temperature of 165 degrees and is no longer pink in the middle. About 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Place a slice of mozzarella on top of each chicken breast and close the lid on the grill. Let the cheese melt on top of the chicken.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a platter.
- Top with fresh mozzarella, tomato slices, and basil. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes. Serve.
myWW points: blue 4; purple 4; green 6 (1 chicken breast with a slice of mozzarella and tomato)
- Category: Easy
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 345.5
- Sugar: 4.8g
- Fat: 17.2g
- Saturated Fat: 6.2g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: .9g
- Protein: 38.4g
Keywords: caprese chicken
Leave a Reply