I’ve been having issues with my wrists lately and there’s nothing I can do about it until November when I can get health insurance. It’s got to the point where I can barely grip a mouse and I have to ware a wrist splint at work for part of the day. It helps keep my wrist in alignment. My job doesn’t offer any benefits for that either. Talk about SOL.
I’ve also been doing 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michael’s and my waste used to be at 35 and I am now a 31! I’m losing body fat like crazy and a couple of pounds too. Level 2 is a killer and I plan on doing that after I get done typing this blog post.
Got a new cast iron skillet at Wal-Mart the other day and used it to cook this chicken in it for the first time. Way to break in a new kitchen tool. I saw the Pioneer Woman’s new line of kitchen products and one of them was a cast iron skillet. I was really contemplating between the Lodge(which is recommended by Alton Brown) or the one the Pioneer Woman has. I decided on the Lodge because I’ve used those before. This chicken was scrumptious. Can’t go wrong with honey, garlic, soy sauce, and a little bit of ketchup for a marinade. Once the chicken is done, keep on spooning the marinade from the bottom of the pan on top of the chicken for even more flavor. That’s what she said! 😉Print
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken legs (I used thighs)
- 1 2⁄3 tablespoons olive oil (to help it stop sticking to the pan)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 2⁄3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 2 –3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place chicken in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Mix together the oil, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Bake in preheated oven for one hour, or until sauce is caramelized.
- Could also use wings or pork ribs.
I wouldn’t count this as a WW recipe since the chicken is 14 points a serving, but I decided to add in the nutrition info anyway just so you know.
- Serving Size: 6-8
- Calories: 535
- Fat: 26.7
- Carbohydrates: 37.6
- Fiber: .3
- Protein: 37.1