Salmon is a fish that is good no matter how you cook it! Have you ever tried grilling salmon on a cedar plank before? The wood helps flavor the fish and it becomes a 5-star restaurant quality dish.
1 cedar plank (6 by 14 inches)
2 ½ pound salmon fillet
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Soak the cedar planks for at least 1 hour in warm water. Soak longer if you have time.
- Season salmon with your favorite seasoning or marinade of choice. If salmon has skin on the bottom of the fillet, remove it or else it will stick to the cedar plank.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat. Place the planks on the grate. The boards are ready when they start to smoke and crackle just a little.
- Place the salmon fillets onto the planks. Cover, and grill for about 20 minutes. Fish is done when you can flake it with a fork or reaches a temperature of 135 degrees. It will continue to cook after you remove it from the grill.
MyWW points: Blue: 0; Green: 17; Purple: 0
- Category: Easy
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 salmon fillet
Keywords: cedar plank salmon