Delicious savory scones with cheddar and green onions. Cut one in half and make an egg sandwich out it for breakfast! 6 points for 1 scone. All 3 myWW plans
- 2 cups of self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons light cold butter
- 1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons of scallions
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1 cup of low-fat buttermilk
- In a medium bowl combine flour and butter with a pastry cutter until the butter resembles small peas. Add in cheddar, and chopped scallions, stir until well incoporated.
- In a smaller bowl whisk the egg with the buttermilk until well combined. Gradually add in milk to the flour mixture, until the dough comes together to form a ball.
- Roll out dough about 8 inches round. Cut 8 wedges and brush egg wash on top of the scones. This will help them get that golden color on top. Bake at 450 for 10- 12 minutes.
- Serving size is 1 scone.
MyWW points: Blue: 6; Green: 6; Purple: 6
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 scone
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1g
- Carbohydrates: 25.3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 8.5g
Keywords: cheddar scallion scones