My favorite type of burger is a smashed burger or thin burger. Whatever you like to call it. They fit on the bun nicely and the toppings are easy to put on and they STAY on.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef, 93% lean
1 teaspoon of seasoning salt
- 2 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese (reduced fat) (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 pieces of leaf lettuce
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) Lite hamburger buns, toasted
- Preheat your Blackstone griddle to high heat.
- On one side of the griddle add the olive oil and butter, and let it heat for about a minute.
- Add the onions to the griddle, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Use a spatula to toss the onions frequently to prevent sticking and ensure even cooking.
- Continue cooking the onions on the griddle for about 20-25 minutes, or until they are soft and caramelized to your liking.
- Divide the ground beef into 4 equal portions and form into balls.
- Season each ball with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place a ball onto the griddle and smash it down with a spatula until it's about 1/4 inch thick.
- Repeat with the remaining balls and leave them on the griddle for about 2-3 minutes until the edges start to brown and the burgers release from the griddle.
- Flip each burger and add a slice of American cheese on top.
- Let the cheese melt for about 30 seconds.
- While the cheese is melting, butter the brioche buns and place them on the griddle until they are toasted.
- Assemble the burgers with the buns and your desired condiments.
myWW Points: 9 (all 3 plans)
- Category: Medium
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 burger
Keywords: smashed burgers with caramelized onions