Last week on Monday, I got an ipad mini and have been using it a lot. You should see me on my little corner of the couch. I have my smart phone, laptop, and ipad mini all in one corner. It’s like my own little technology center, and I’m all high tech now. So far, my favorite feature on it is the retina display. The quality is so incredible and pinterest sure looks different on my ipad. Way different. The pictures just pop out at you more.
Have you ever tried paddle surfing before? It’s hard work! The only pic of me surfing was on a video clip, so I had to google how you take a screen capture on an ipad. Home + Sleep button at the same time by the way. 🙂
And this was my beautiful view at the lake this weekend. Picture taken with my Windows Phone.
I’ve tried making parfaits before. The hardest part for me is trying to not get the food from making a mess all over the glass. It has to be pretty for a picture and you don’t want a smear of cool whip all over the fruit layer. One thing I’ve found that helps, is a piping bag. Especially for creamy things like mousse, cheesecake, and cool whip. With fruit, you kind of just have to pray that they don’t get everywhere on the glass. The mousse layer is just cream cheese, powdered sugar, and whipping cream. I used cherry pie filling and crumbled up graham crackers for layering. Keep them in the fridge until ready to serve.
Cheese Cake Mousse layer adapted from Cooking ClassyPrint
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon corn syrup
- 1 cup of cherry pie filling
- 4 tablespoons of crushed graham cracker crumbs
- With an electric mixer on high speed, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla until well incorporated. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Add the corn syrup and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Repeat with the remaining whipped cream. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Pipe or spoon the mousse into individual serving dishes. Top with fresh fruit or your favorite cheesecake toppings.