- 1 envelope Taco Seasoning
- 1-½ pound Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, Diced
- ½ cups Chopped Onion
- 2 T Butter
- 1/3 cups Flour
- 2-½ cups low sodium, reduced fat chicken broth
- 8oz 2% Milk Velveeta, cubed
- 8 oz. Shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack or Mexican
- 4 cheese blend shredded cheese
- 1 jar salsa (any Variety)
- 1 cup 1% milk
Additional Toppings Fritos, green onion, and sour cream (for garnish)
- Split 2 chicken breasts in half lengthwise so you have 4. Rub the taco seasoning onto chicken. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to a skillet and then add the chicken. Cook the chicken on one side for 4 to 5 minutes and then flip. Continue cooking the chicken on the other side until it is cooked all the way through. An additional 4 minutes. Take the chicken off the skillet and set it aside on a plate or dish. In large saucepan (or pot), saute onion in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in flour until blended, then gradually stir in the broth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for two minutes longer, or until thickened slightly.
- Add Velveeta, shredded cheese and salsa. Cook on medium-low until cheese is melted. Stir in milk. Add the chicken back in. Stir. Heat through but do not boil.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with Fritos (you can also use guacamole, sour cream, and green onions). Enjoy!
- Serving size: 1 cup.
myWW points: Blue 6; Green 8; Purple 6
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 319
- Fat: 14.96
- Carbohydrates: 16.08
- Fiber: 1.7
- Protein: 27.36