Enchilada casserole will be your new weeknight staple! It's a layered dish almost like lasagna and has all your favorite Mexican staple ingredients. The beef mixture is chock full of beans, onions, corn, salsa, and then gets topped with cheese, tortillas, and enchilada sauce until the whole dish is full. Perfect for Taco Tuesday night and so easy! If you are interested in more enchilada recipes be sure to check out the recipes down below. There is a lot of them on this site!
I have no other recommendations for any of the other ingredients in this dish because I feel like they all go together very nicely. Usually, I will try and list out some substitutions for other ingredients used. Points will vary depending on what type of flour tortilla you use so be sure to enter the recipe into your recipe builder. 🙂
Flour tortillas: Try using thin oven-ready lasagna sheets instead of flour tortillas. Both will get done in the same amount as the recipe below states.
Salsa - The heat of this dish can vary on how hot you prefer your salsa. Salsa verde can also be used.
How to Make Cheesy Enchilada Pasta
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and grease a 9×13 baking dish.
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef and onion until meat is browned and cooked completely through.
Stir in salsa, black beans (drained), corn, taco seasoning, and cumin. Remove from heat and let cool for a bit. Stir in sour cream.
Spread ⅓ of meat mixture onto the bottom of the greased 9×13 baking dish.
Add shredded cheese over the top of the meat mixture.
Layer with 2 tortillas. Pour ⅓ of the enchilada sauce over the tops of the tortilla layer.
Continue layering as listed above until top layer is reached. End with toping the casserole with tortillas, last ⅓ of enchilada sauce, and shredded cheese. Be generous on the cheese 🙂
Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Serve with any toppings you would like. Cut into 8 equal portions. Serving Size: 1 slice.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
*If you make this recipe please comment and rate the recipe below to let everyone know how it is, or tag me on Instagram! If you want to upload a photo you can do that on Pinterest. Just find the post for it.
Enchilada casserole will be your new weeknight staple! It's a layered dish almost like lasagna and has all your favorite Mexican staple ingredients.
1 pound lean 93% lean ground beef
1 large onion
2 cups salsa
1 cup black beans, drained
1 cup frozen corn
2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
¼ tsp. ground cumin
½ cup light sour cream
4 (8 inch) flour tortillas (fat-free)
1 ( 14 oz.) can Red Enchilada Sauce
2 cups reduced-fat shredded cheese
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees and grease a 9X13 inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook meat and onion until meat is browned and cooked through.
- Stir in salsa, black beans, corn, taco seasoning, and cumin. Remove from heat and let cool a bit before adding sour cream.
- Spread ½ of the meat mixture onto the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Add ½ the cheese over the top of the meat.
- Layer with 2 flour tortillas, then pour ½ the enchilada sauce on top.
- Repeat layering until top layer is reached. Top with the remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Take the casserole out of the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. Cut 8 equal servings. 1 serving is 1 slice.
myWW points: blue 7; green 9; purple 7
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 293
- Sugar: 6
- Fat: 9.2mg
- Carbohydrates: 27.5mg
- Fiber: 5.6g
- Protein: 25.1g
Keywords: cheesy enchilada pasta