Tis that time of year again: Cookie baking!
I love this time of year. I love trying new cookie recipes like this one. I couldn’t really taste the cherries in here at all. Maybe it needs more of the juice or more cherries, or maybe even some cherry extract. I’ll have to play around with it. What would really be good in the middle of this cookie is a Chocolate Covered cherry. Now, that would be heaven.
My kitchen aid paddle attachment mixer has gone missing and we don’t know what happened to it. I’ve looked everywhere. The last time I saw it was before our trip to Jamaica and that was a whole year ago. I want to go out and buy one but I put it on my Christmas list. Not having that attachment makes it hard to make cookies. I have to do it the old fashion way with my hand mixers. Maybe I’ll go out and just buy one myself, and if I get another one for Christmas I’ll just have two.
Cherry Blossom Recipe from the Curvy CarrotPrint
1 cup unsalted butter, softened, but still cool*****very important!
1 cup powdered sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons maraschino cherry “juice”
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
Granulated sugar, for sprinkling the cookies
36 milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
1.Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. In the bowl of your standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter at medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute.
3. Reduce the speed to the lowest setting and slowly add the powdered sugar and salt.
4. Add the cherry juice and the almond extract until combined.
5. With the mixer still on low, slowly add the flour, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
6. Increase the mixer speed to medium and add the cherries.
7. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls, and place the balls on a baking sheet, approximately 2 inches apart.
8. Using your thumb, gently press each cookie in its center until the cookie is about 1/2-inch thick.
9. Sprinkle each cookie with a little granulated sugar.
10. Bake the cookies until the bottoms are lightly browned, about 14 minutes.
11. Once removed from the oven, immediately press a chocolate kiss into each cookie’s center.
12. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.