I keep on finding awesome recipes in the Better Homes and Garden Breakfast and Brunch magazine edition. The magazine was on the shelves quite a while ago. These Cherry Chocolate scones I've been wanting to try in that magazine forever and I finally did this weekend. I couldn't stop eating these scones! Just like chocolate and mint are a food match made in heaven, chocolate and cherry anything go really well together too.
These scones are delicious with the chunks of chocolate, dried cherries, and the orange glaze drizzled on top of them. Couldn't stop eating them!
How to make Chocolate Cherry Scones
To print the full recipe please see the recipe card below.
Preheat broiler. In a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, thyme, and pepper. Beat with a whisk until well mixed and evenly colored.
In a large broilerproof skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add asparagus; cook and stir about 4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Stir in prosciutto.
Pour egg mixture over asparagus mixture in a skillet. Cook over medium heat. As egg mixture sets, run a spatula, around edges of skillet, lifting egg mixture so he uncooked portion flowers underneath. Continue.
Place skillet under broiler, 4 to 5 inches from heat. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or just until top is set. sprinkle with cheese.
Other Recipes to Try
If you’ve tried this Chocolate Cherry Scones or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out. Snap a picture and upload it to Pinterest.Print
- 2 ½ cups of flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup of butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup snipped dried cherries
- ¼ cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
- ½ tsp finely shredded orange peel
- 1 recipe for orange drizzle
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry cutter, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of flour mixture; set aside
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, the ¾ cup whipping cream, the dried cherries, chocolate pieces, and orange peel. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. using a fork, stir just until moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough by folding and gently pressing it for 10 to 12 strokes or until dough is nearly smooth. Divide dough in half. Pat or lightly roll each dough into a 6 inch circle. Cut each circle into six wedges.
- Place dough wedges 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush wedges with whipping cream.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzle with orange drizzle.
- Orange drizzle
- In a small bowl stir together 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon orange juice, and ¼ teaspoon vanilla extra. If necessary stir in additional orange juice, 1 teaspoon to reach drizzling consistency.
Smart Points: 15
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 scone
- Calories: 364
- Sugar: 11
- Fat: 19
- Saturated Fat: 12
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 42
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 6
Keywords: chocolate cherry scones