- This recipe was on the cover of the August issue of Cooking Light. I knew after just looking at the picture of the cover that these would be good, and they were! This is a quick and good meal to make when you don’t want to turn on the oven during the summer. Rotisserie chickens are so moist and juicy. The smell that comes from them reminds me of the smell that comes from Doolittle’s restaurant right next to where I work. We even had a coupon for a free one that we got when we moved into our house. I’ve never really bought rotisserie chickens before, but my mom always had. Now, I think I might start buying them more often.You can treat these like a taco and put whatever else you want on them.
- Speaking of work, next week I have the whole week off! I’m so excited to sleep in. This morning I was browsing through Martha Stewart’s website and found some cool craft ideas that I want to make for Halloween this year. One of them includes making tombstones. I thought that would be a really fun thing to make for our front yard. Another craft idea that I found, was making silhouettes out of black card board paper. You wire these cute cut out figurines of pumpkins, ghosts, and witches and a silhouette will appear on the wall. I might just even have to blog about it when I finish my little art projects. I love Fall and Halloween! Speaking of Martha Stewart, I picked up her latest issue of Everyday Food at the grocery store this week. Going to go and look at it now, Adios!
Chicken and Guacamole TostadasScale
- 1 ripe peeled avocado
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons finely chopped tomato, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh onion, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 8 (6-inch) corn tostada shells
. Place avocado in a small bowl; mash with a fork. Stir in 2 tablespoons tomato, 1 tablespoon onion, 1 tablespoon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and garlic.
2. Combine remaining 1 cup tomato, 2 tablespoons onion, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cilantro, and jalapeño; toss well.
3. Combine chicken, remaining 1 tablespoon juice, and paprika; toss well to combine. Spread about 1 tablespoon guacamole over each tostada shell; top each with 1/4 cup chicken mixture and about 2 tablespoons salsa.
- Calories: 345
- Fat: 15.4
- Fiber: 5.4
- Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes,Weight Watcher Recipes,Weight Watcher Recipes,Weight Watcher Recipes, Weight Watcher Recipes