Have you been making frozen chicken pot pies all your life? This recipe Chicken Pot Pie Cups tastes a heck of a lot better than the frozen stuff.
1 cup of self rising flour
1 cup of greek yogurt
1 10.5 oz can of 98% FF cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup of low sodium chicken broth
1 /4 cup of mixed vegetables with corn, carrots and peas
1/4 cup of diced cooked chicken
1/4 cup of reduced fat cheddar cheese *optional*
- In a medium bowl combine the cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, mixed veggies, and cooked chicken. Set aside.
- In another medium sized bowl add the self rising flour and greek yogurt. Mix well until combined.
- Dump the dough onto a floured work surface and push in the edges to form a ball. Cut into 8 equal portions.
- Shape the dough into a muffin cup tin and add 2 tablespoons of the soup mixture on top of the dough. Repeat last 2 steps until all the muffin cups are full.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. The last 2 minutes take the pot pie cups out and sprinkle some cheese on top. (This cheese step is completely optional)
- This fills about 7 or 8 cups. Double the dough mix if you want to make more. There will be a little chicken and vegetable mixture left over for a larger pot pie. 🙂
Smart Points: 3 (1 serving or cup)
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 110
- Sugar: 1.4
- Fat: 1.4
- Saturated Fat: .4
- Carbohydrates: 16.1
- Fiber: .8
- Protein: 8
Keywords: chicken pot pie cups