This weekend I saw the movie 50 Shades of Grey. I read the books and even wrote a cookbook about it. Look to the right of the side bar to see it on amazon. —> The movie would have been twice as better if they involved bacon in the plot somehow. Don’t you think? I was expecting too much after reading the book. In my opinion, the book was pretty much a porn. Oh Dear Lord, did she just say porn on a food blog?! My blog does involve food porn ya know. :0) 50 Shades of Grey shouldn’t have been rated R. More like triple, triple, triple R. It shouldn’t have even been released in the theater, maybe like a private showing or something.
The two main characters can’t act at all, and they were pretty boring. The music was pretty good though. I like that Ellie Goulding song Love me Like You do. Probably the best song in the movie.
So, about these almonds. I was put on a low carb diet by my doctor. Low carb anything can get to be pretty boring if there’s no flavor involved. String cheese and almonds are my go to snacks now for that. Have you ever just tried eating a plain almond without any salt or seasoning on them? They’re just bleh. No taste at all. These chili lime almonds have saved me. I like more chili powder on mine and a little garlic powder. Chocolate covered almonds are my favorite.Print
- 2 cups whole Diamond of California Almonds
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1–2 teaspoons chili powder (depending on how spicy you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Add almonds and oil to a medium pan. Sprinkle with chili powder and salt. Stir over medium heat for about 5 minutes until fragrant and toasted.
- Remove the pan from heat, add lime juice and cilantro and stir. Transfer nuts to a plate or baking pan to cool. Store in airtight container up to 1 week.
Recipe from lecremedelacrumb.com
myWW points: Blue Points: 6; Green Points: 6; Purple Points: 6
Smart Points: 7
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup of almonds
- Calories: 249
- Sugar: 2
- Fat: 22
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 9