Chocolate Apple Pops – are a fun Fall treat to make when apples are in season. Poke a hole in the bottom and inset a popsicle stick. Top them with whatever you like!
Fall and Halloween are my favorite foodie times of the year.
I just love all the pumpkin treats and it’s fun to make new Halloween recipes. Like these apple pops. Caramel apples are fun and everything but they are so dang messy to eat! Then the caramel gets stuck in your teeth and that’s no fun having to visit the dentist because of that. (just kidding) These apple pops make it easier to eat an apple and they are fun to decorate. You could turn these into mummy apple pops and drizzle white chocolate all over them and add in some goofy eyeballs.
You also want to know a secret? Coconut oil makes the chocolate easier to set and it also makes the chocolate nice and smooth for drizzling. I’ve been frustrated lately with getting the perfect drizzle and coconut oil really helps! Try adding like a teaspoon of it to your melted chocolate next time. Oh yah, and I always use a microwave to melt my chocolate. Check it every 30 seconds and stir it until it gets smooth.
Notes: If you don’t want to make apple pops slice the apples into wedges instead and dip them in the chocolate.Print
- 4 apples
- 1 12 oz bag of chocolate chips
- 1 12 oz bag of white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- popsicle sticks
- Cut apples into slices and poke a hole in them with a knife. I found it easier to set the apple directly on the cutting board and then poking a hole in them. Insert the popsicle stick.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl with 1 teaspoon of coconut. Check the chocolate every 30 seconds and stir to see if it’s melted. If not put that back in the microwave for another 30 seconds until fully melted.
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl with 1 teaspoon of coconut. Check the chocolate every 30 seconds and stir to see if it’s melted. If not put that back in the microwave for another 30 seconds until fully melted.
- Chop the pecans and set aside in small bowl.
- Dip the apples into the dark chocolate first until everyone of the apple pops is coated in chocolate.
- Use either a spoon or a fork and dip that into the melted white chocolate. Then drizzle the white chocolate over all the apples.
- Top the apple pops with pecans.
- Place the apples in the fridge until they are set.
Smart Points: 16