First, these Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookie Bars happened this weekend. These yummy gooey cheesecake bars. Chocolate chip cookies sandwiched between some cheesecake filling. They are to die for. Literally.
Then this happened!
These cheesecake bars turned into popsicles. Yep, and it was the best idea that I’ve ever come up with in awhile. I took the leftover cheesecake bars and cut them into bite size pieces, small enough to fit into the popsicle molds. Then, I mixed the cheesecake with some coconut milk and vanilla extract. And there you have it folks! The most decadent dessert popsicle you’ll ever have!
You decide which one you want to make. I’ll put both recipes up!Print
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided, plus more if desired
- CHEESECAKE LAYER
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a standmixer or by hand, cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients until just mixed together. Don’t over-stir!
- In a 8×8 pan that’s lined with parchment paper, add in half of the cookie dough and press it in evenly. Cover with a cup of the chocolate chips and set aside.
- To make the cheesecake layer, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, egg, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour on the first cookie layer.
- Gently press the other half of the cookie dough layer and sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chip layer.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, then let cool completely. Refrigerate for a few hours before cutting!
Recipe from Apple of my Eye
Smart Points: 20
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 405
- Sugar: 35
- Fat: 22
- Saturated Fat: 13
- Unsaturated Fat: 4
- Trans Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 50
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4
- 1 15 oz can of coconut milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 3 or 4 leftover Cheesecake Cookie Bars, cut into bite size pieces
- Chop the cheesecake bars into tiny bite size pieces, small enough to fit into a popsicle mold.
- Shake the can of coconut milk really well before pouring it into a bowl. Add the vanilla and then the cheesecake bites. Stir. Spoon the cheeecake bars into popsicle molds and freeze. Enjoy!