- ½ c. unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ c. packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 c. mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together butter and brown sugar until it is fluffy. This takes about 3 minutes. Add vanilla and bet until combined.
- Turn the mixer to low and alternate the flour and the sweetened condensed milk until combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Press the cookie dough into the bottom of the 8×8 pan. It will be sticky so lightly flour your hands if needed.
- Cover your bars with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight until firm.
- To make the topping, combine the peanut butter and ½ cup chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Stir every 30 seconds until smooth. Pour and spread over the top of the chilled dough and chill at least for 1 hour until firm.