Chocolate zucchini bread is a delicious and moist bread made with grated zucchini and cocoa powder. It's a perfect way to sneak in some veggies into your diet while satisfying your sweet tooth.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup milk 1% milk
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder or Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini, gently pressed on a colander over a bowl or sink to release some of its moisture
- 1/2 cups chocolate chips (a combination of bittersweet and semisweet), save the 1/4 cup for sprinkling on top of bread
- Preheat the oven to 350°F; lightly grease an 8 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Add the salt, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa, and flour, mixing until well combined. Stir in the zucchini, milk, and chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the bread for 65 to 75 minutes, until the loaf tests done (a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center will come out clean, save for perhaps a light smear of chocolate from the melted chips).
- Remove the bread from the oven, and let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes before turning it out of the pan onto a rack. Cool completely before slicing; store well-wrapped, at room temperature.
myWW 8 points for 1 slice (all 3 plans) See notes above to make lighter
- Category: Medium
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
Keywords: chocolate zucchini bread