- 1 cup + 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil, vegan yogurt or applesauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of Vegan Butter - I used Smart Balance
- 1 tablespoon of almond milk
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Add dry ingredients to a bowl and then add all the wet ingredients. Stir until well combined. Add the batter to 8 lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- You can mix all the ingredients for the vegan frosting in one bowl. Use a mixer or fork to blend all the ingredients together. I used a fork. 🙂
Makes 8 cupcakes. Serving size is for 1 cupcake.
Nutrition info is just for the cupcake and not the frosting.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 162
- Sugar: 18
- Fat: 10
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Protein: 0