- For the pretzel crust:
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- For the chocolate pie filling:
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 cups 1 % milk
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350˚F/175˚C.
- Combine pretzels, butter, and brown sugar. Press mixture into pie pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Whisk cornstarch, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Mix in egg yolks and milk, and heat mixture at medium heat.
- Gently mix for about 6 minutes or until the mixture thickens like a pudding.
- Once thick, take the mixture off the heat and immediately add your chocolate, vanilla, butter, and lemon juice.
- Mix until ingredients are incorporated into a smooth pudding texture.
- Pour filling into the cooled crust and smooth with a spatula as desired. (Any extra filling can be saved in cups and eaten immediately, or chilled for pudding cups.)
- Let the pie chill in the fridge uncovered for at least 4 hours.
- Serving Size: Not a Weight Watcher recipe