We had breakfast for dinner last night. Cinnamon Applesauce Pancakes and Maple Sausage. Ben and I both really liked these pancakes. Ben liked them because they didn’t have any dairy in it. He’s lactose intolerant but will eventually every now and then enjoy some ice cream and pizza. I liked these because the cinnamon and applesauce reminded me of Fall. Then I wanted to start baking last night. I was thinking of pumpkin bread, pumpkin pancakes, everything with pumpkin. That season can not get here sooner enough! Oh let’s not forget the apple picking too.
These pancakes are only 2 points plus per pancake. I made a little bigger pancakes and used half a cup which came out to 6. Use 1/4 of a cup when measuring.
Speaking of pumpkins, you should see mine growing in my garden. There’s tons of pumpkins starting and they just keep growing and growing. By September I’m sure the plant will have taken over my garden. I’ll have to put out a sign in the front yard that says come and pick at the Johnson’s pumpkin patch and sell them for like $5.00 a piece.
Cinnamon Applesauce Pancakes
- 2 cups of sifted flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of iodized salt
- ½ cup of cinnamon applesauce
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Mix together all the dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Pour a half cup batter on hot Teflon pan, or lightly oiled skillet.
- Turn the pancake when surface become bubbly. Cooking time per pancake is 3 to 5 minutes, depending on its thickness.
Makes 12 pancakes (1/4 cup)
Weight Watcher Points Plus: 2 (per pancake)
Smart Points 3
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 89
- Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 19.5g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 2.2g