- 3 Cups flaked unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 C gluten-free tamari (can sub soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. In a mixing bowl whisk tamari, liquid smoke, maple syrup, and smoked paprika together. You can adjust any of the measurements to make it smokier, saltier, or sweeter. It might just be a matter of preference for some people.
- Then add the flaked coconut into the mixture and lightly toss with a spoon to coat evenly.
- Spread out evenly onto a baking sheet (or 2) heavily greased with coconut oil. Bake for 20 mins but toss the mixture on the sheet every 5 mins. Make sure you set the timer so you don't forget and burn the whole batch (which we may have done before!)
- Sprinkle with sea salt right out of the oven and remove the coconut fakin' bacon from the baking sheet, which is so hot it will continue to brown. Dump it onto a large plate or another baking sheet to cool.