Crockpot apple cider is a warm and refreshing hot drink with a blend of citrus and fruit spices that is served on cooler days. Mulled cider is a fancy term for apple cider with citrus fruit and spices added to the apple cider. The spices and citrus take plain boring apple cider up to the next level.
How to Make Crockpot Apple Cider
Just tie up some whole spices with some cinnamon sticks in cheesecloth if you don’t want to strain any of the spices out later on before serving. Or you can just throw them into the crockpot whole. Let it cook for 3 hours before a party. Throw in some spiced rum if you’re feeling a little feisty at the time too. This could be served warm or cool.
What is the difference between apple juice and apple cider?
Did you know that apple cider and apple juice that you buy at the store are pretty much the same things? They both say water, apples, and concentrate with some kind of sugar on the ingredients list. Alton Brown taught me that. He teaches me a lot. Wish his show was still on and now that it is 2020 he still has it on.
I was going to attempt to make my own apple cider this year. Our poor tree had a branch break on it, or the trunk did one weekend when we were both away. We didn’t know how that happened either. There was no major wind or storm that came through when we were gone either. Bummer. Next Spring, we plan on planting a new one and it will probably take away to grow back to the way it was again.
Crock Pot Apple Cider from Food.com
Other Apple Recipes
*If you make this recipe please comment and rate the recipe below to let everyone know how it is, or tag me on Instagram! If you want to upload a photo you can do that on Pinterest. Just find the post for it.
- 1 gallon apple cider, no sugar added
- 2 whole nutmegs
- 3 –4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange, cut into four wedges
- 1⁄2 apple, cut into wedges
- 20 –25 whole cloves
- 3 –4 pieces crystallized ginger
- Pour enough cider to fill crockpot to ¾ full. Add brown sugar. Stick whole cloves into the skin of orange and apple wedges. Place apple, orange, and all remaining ingredients into cheese cloth, tie with string and drop into crockpot. Bring to a boil, about 2 to 2 ½ hours on high.
- Once the cider is boiling, reduce setting to low. Keep on low for 2 hours or more before serving. Replenish with additional cider when needed; if cider is cold, return setting to high until heated.
- Serve or have guests serve themselves from the crock pot. If desired, leave a bottle of spiced rum nearby.
my WW: blue 4; green 4; purple: 4 (1 cup)
- Category: Easy
- Method: CrockPot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
Keywords: crockpot apple cider