- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Crisco or softened butter
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1.5 tablespoons milk
- Pink food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Gradually stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
- Measure 1/4 cup of the dough and place it onto a cookie sheet. Smash the cookie dough with the back of a glass or measuring cup. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the Crisco, confectioners’ sugar, and milk until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Beat in the almond extract and food coloring. Spread on or between cookies.
- Category: Medium
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
Keywords: chilled crumble cookie