Are you on the go all the time and want something fast and easy to take with you while you're driving to work? Well, look no further! These freezer breakfast burritos will help with that and they can even be used for meal prep. When making breakfast burritos the size of the tortilla does matter. Use a 10 to 12 inch burrito shell.
These Lavash wraps are about 10 to 12 inches and they taste great too, 1 smart point each! Little 8 inch flour tortillas aren't going to cut it (not unless you are serving them to a child perhaps). I know in the assembly photos I added the eggs first but I read somewhere that it is best to add in the cheese first since that pretty much acts like a glue. It is up to you to decide which you want to make. If you are freezing these, Id wait until all the ingredients have cooled off first and then add them on top of the tortilla.
How to freeze Breakfast Burritos
First you got to prep all the ingredients and lay them all out and just start an assembly line. Once all the ingredients are ready and prepped then you do the assembly part, which is listed below this. Breakfast burritos are frozen in a single layer and they can keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. After you take them out of the freezer, microwave them on high for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with sour cream or salsa.
Please note that avocados do not freeze very well so try not to add them to your burrito if you freeze.
What can you put inside a breakfast burrito?
Pretty much any type of protein, starch, cheese, and vegetable you could imagine. If you want a Southwestern style burrito add in black beans, corn, and salsa. If you are on weight watchers think 0 smart point foods that would go with eggs and eggs! In this breakfast burrito, I used Jennie-O Turkey Sausage Chorizo, some Southern style hash browns that I cooked in the air fryer (to save on time), fat free cheddar cheese, and eggs. The wrap I used was a Jospeh's Lavash wrap. They are only 1 smart point for the whole entire wrap and only 60 calories.
How to Assemble Breakfast Burritos
Fold in both sides (this was hard to take a good shot of without having to hold the burrito.
Fold the one side over, and start pressing down on the wrap to start rolling it up into a burrito. Make sure to roll the burrito really tightly so that all the ingredients stay in.
Frequently Asked Questions and Tips
What can I serve these breakfast burritos ?
These burritos are pretty filling for a meal on their own. If you're looking for something to else to serve with these try some freshly cut fruit or yogurt on the side.
Other seasonings to try?
Try adding some cajun seasoning, Dano's seasoning, or Old Bay Seasoning to the potatoes or on your eggs for some extra spice.
How to store leftovers: Always store leftovers in clean, food-grade containers. The type of container doesn’t really matter. Use zip lock, glass, plastic, whatever! Make sure to store any leftovers in an airtight container before putting it in the freezer or fridge.
This can be prepped the day ahead.
More Great Recipes to Try:
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Grinder Salad Sandwich - Tiktok Recipe
- Zero Point Cabbage Soup
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- French Fries in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pickle Chips
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
I would love to see your creations on Pinterest. Upload them and leave a comment on my Pinterest page! All my follow buttons are at the top of the page.
Are you on Instagram? Follow along and TAG US @recipediariesww
Freezer Breakfast Burritos
- Yield: 8 1x
- 8 Josephs Lavash Wrap (60 Calories)
- 8 eggs, scrambled
- 16 oz of Jennie 0 Chorizo flavored Turkey Sausage
- 1 cup of fat free cheddar cheese
- 2 cups of frozen Southern Style Hash Browns
- Trader Joe's Seasoning Salt or Seasoned salt of choice
- Preheat your air fryer according to the package instructions that came with your air fryer. Place the 2 cups of potatoes (from frozen) inside your basket and season with the seasoning salt. Cook for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- While the potatoes are cooking in the air fryer, cook your sausage in a medium non stick skillet until the sausage is cooked all the way through. 4 to 6 minutes.
- Crack your eggs in a medium sized bowl and whisk until well combined. Drain fat from the pan and set the turkey sausage aside in another bowl.
- Place the potatoes and the cheese in 2 separate bowls.
- In the middle of one wrap place some cheese, eggs, chorizo, and potatoes on top and roll it up burrito style. See the post for details on to roll it up.
myWW points: Blue Points: 5; Green Points: 7; Purple Points: 4
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with WW in any way. I am just a member who creates recipes based on their points system. If you have any questions related to the program go to their website. The recipe builder is what I use to figure out points.
- Category: Medium
- Method: Stove Top + Air Fryer
- Calories: 418
- Fat: 14
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 2
- Trans Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 43
- Fiber: 17
- Protein: 45
Keywords: freezer breakfast burritos
Nice and thanxxxxx