If you like s’mores then these “cookies” are for you. However, I tried this recipe as written above. I can’t believe it calls for 3 sticks of butter! Ben and I both decided that if I make these again to use chocolate chips instead of cocoa powder. Maybe a cup and 1/2 of chocolate chips and only a cup and 1/2 of butter. If you’re ever craving a s’more in the middle of winter or whenever you quiet can’t get to that camp fire then make these. I added more marshmallows than the recipe calls for too.Print
Gimme s’mores please!
3 sticks plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup light corn syrup
pinch of salt
1 14-ounce box graham crackers, lightly crumbled
2 cups of mini marshmallows, plus a handful more for sprinkling on top
1. Line a 9×13-inch baking sheep with parchment paper, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, crumble the graham crackers into large chunks. Add two cups of mini marshmallows and set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter together butter, cocoa, corn syrup and a pinch of salt. Stir and heat until smooth. Once melted, let chocolate mixture cool for 5 minutes.
4. Pour chocolate mixture over graham crackers and marshmallows. Stir so that all of the graham crackers are moistened by the chocolate mixture. Dump into lined baking pan, and a few more marshmallows on top and press down with the back of a spoon. Cover the top with another sheet of parchment and press with your fingers.
5. Let cool on the counter for 30 minutes, then place in the fridge to solidify for a few hours or overnight. Cut into bars. Wrap individually and store in the fridge