How do you make a hot dog taste even better? Wrap it in some bacon of course! This bacon wrapped hot dog is the best hot dog you will ever eat.
- 6 Lite Hot Dog buns
- 6 97% fat free hot dogs such as Hebrew National
- 6 slices of applewood smoked bacon
- 6 tablespoons of reduced sugar ketchup
- A box of tooth picks for keeping the bacon on the hot dog
- Cooking Spray
- Take one slice of bacon and start wrapping it around the hot dog. Use a tooth pick to help secure the bacon on to the hot dog on each side.
- Turn your grill on to medium heat (400 to 500 degrees F) Make sure the grill grates are cleaned prior to heating.
- Place your dogs wrapped in bacon on indirect heat and cook on each side for 3 minutes or until the bacon is cooked through.
- Open up your hot dog buns and spray them with cooking spray. Toast them on the grill for 3 minutes or until they start turning golden brown.
- For toppings use some sugar free ketchup and drizzle that on top of your hot dog.
myWW points: Blue 5; Green 5; Purple 5
- Category: Easy
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: grilled bacon wrapped hot dogs