Blackstone Salmon with Mango Salsa is a light and refreshing salmon topped with mango salsa. Serve with some coconut rice on the side.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Salmon is my seafood protein of choice and it is so healthy for you. I love it grilled, air fried, baked, you name it. Top this salmon off with some freshly made mango salsa and your mouth will be in heaven.
This recipe can be made on a Blackstone or a Ninja Woodfire Grill. I have tested it with both.
Mangos are kind of a difficult fruit to work with because of the core in the middle. I don’t take the skin of the side of the mango when I cut it first. I cut where I think is the pit and slice it right down. Take the mango and hold it like a cup then start sliding down the sides of it so that all you have to do is scoop out the insides.
Grilling gives the salmon more flavor but I’ve also used my air fryer to cook the perfect salmon before.
Ingredients for Blackstone Salmon with Mango Salsa
- Salmon filets - this can be salmon filets or a whole salmon
- Chili powder - Is a blend of mixed red chilis that have been dried up and pulverized until it resembles powder. Sometimes other spices like cumin and paprika.
- Cumin - Cumin is a member of the parsley family. It is a dried seed that is made from a plant called Cuminum cyminum.
- Garlic powder is made from dehydrated garlic cloves and like the chili powder above it gets pulverized into a powder or flour consistency.
- Ripe mangos, diced - If mangos aren't that fresh looking at the grocery that day use fresh pineapple instead.
- Fresh cilantro - chopped
- Lime - freshly squeezed, gives a hint of citrus to the salsa
- Jalapeno peppers - Used for heat and spice
- Diced red onion - or yellow onion
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make Grilled Salmon with Mango Salsa
Step 1: In a small bowl mix together the chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder.
Step 2: Rub the 2 salmon filets with the seasoning. Spray both sides of the salmon before placing them on the grill. Refrigerate until set.
Step 3: Mix together the diced mango, cilantro, jalapeno peppers and red onion in a bowl. Juice half the lime into the salsa and stir until combined.
Step 4: Preheat grill for medium heat. Lightly spray the grill grate. Place salmon on the preheated grill. Cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Top the salmon with the mango salsa and enjoy.
Tips for Grilled Salmon with Mango Salsa
If you don’t have a grill, you can bake the salmon at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes.
There will be leftover salsa. Use it for chips or put more salsa on top of your salmon.
Seasonings for salmon: Blackened seasoning, Salt and Pepper, Citrus fruits, Sesame and Ginger, Maple and Honey, Sriracha
Best Grilling Tips
- Always start with a clean grill. Make sure last nights dinner isn’t stuck on it. 😉
- Grills are great for prepping any kind of protein for the week to use throughout the week.
- Get any type of meat thermometer. This will help to check for proper doneness and to make sure the meat is at the proper temperature.
- Grilling is done at very high heats to cook food faster. Smokers are used for low and slow cooking.
- Do not move the type of protein you are cooking until it’s ready to flip.
- The best outdoor type grills are Ninja Woodfire, Webber or Blackstone. Blackstone are a flat top cooking device that don’t have any grates in them. Any flat top will work.
Mango salsa can be topped on any kind of protein such as cod, halibut, chicken, or shrimp. It can also be eaten with any kind of chip.
Always store leftovers in clean, food-grade containers. The type of container doesn’t really matter.
Put the griddle on high heat before preparing to make the food. Spread the Blackstone preheat seasoning oil all over the grill and wait for the griddle to smoke. The griddle should start turning black or dark brown.
More Great Summer Recipes to Try:
If you tried this Grilled Salmon with Mango Salsa or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
Grilled Salmon with Mango Salsa - a light and refreshing salmon topped with mango salsa. Serve with some coconut rice on the side.
- 2 4 oz salmon filets
- 2 tsp of chili powder
- 1 tsp of cumin
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- 3 ripe mangos, diced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons of chopped jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons of diced red onion
- In a small bowl mix together the chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder.
- Rub the 2 salmon filets with the seasoning.
- Spray both sides of the salmon before placing them on the grill.
- Mix together the diced mango, cilantro, jalapeno peppers and red onion in a bowl. Juice half the lime into the salsa and stir until combined.
- Preheat grill for medium heat. Lightly spray the grill grate. Place salmon on the preheated grill. Cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Top the salmon with the mango salsa and enjoy.
- Serving size: 1 salmon fillet + ¼ cup of salsa.
myWW points: Blue Points: 1; Green Points: 11; Purple Points: 2
There will be some leftover salsa at the end. I like to save it for later to add to some gaucamole or to have it with chips and dip.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 335
- Sugar: 24.3g
- Fat: 1.7g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrates: 31.9g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Protein: 31.1g
Keywords: grilled salmon with mango salsa