- 1 cup 2% or whole milk
- 1 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (lightly packed) shredded Gruyere cheese, separated
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- Reheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Spray a popover pan or large muffin tin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place pan on center rack of oven and preheat for 2 minutes.
- Blend flour, salt, eggs, and milk in a bowl until well combined. About 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in gruyere cheese and chives to combine.
- Carefully take out the pan from the oven using an oven mitt. Fill each cup half full with batter and bake 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes. Or until tops turn golden brown color.
my WW points: blue 6, green 7, purple 6 (1 popover)
- Category: Easy
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 211
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 717mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: gruyere and chive popovers