Frittata’s are pretty awesome and so easy. No flipping, no scrambling, and no waiting until the egg yolk is set in the middle and the whites are done. My favorite type of egg is over easy, but with a frittata all you do is add everything into a bowl, pour in a pan, and let the oven do the rest for you!
Mix in whatever vegetables or protein you like. My favorites are chorizo, ham, bacon, cheese, and broccoli. Potatoes are also great, but will take a longer cooking time. To make this dairy free leave out the milk and add in more eggs.Print
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon nipped fresh thyme
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (light)
- Preheat broiler. In a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, thyme, and pepper. Beat with a whisk until well mixed and evenly colored.
- In a large broilerproof skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add asparagus; cook and stir about 4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Stir in prosciutto.
- Pour egg mixture over asparagus mixture in a skillet. Cook over medium heat. As egg mixture sets, run a spatula, around edges of skillet, lifting egg mixture so he uncooked portion flowers underneath. Continue.
- Place skillet under broiler, 4 to 5 inches from heat. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or just until top is set. sprinkle with cheese.
myWW points: Blue Points: 6; Green Points: `0; Purple Points: 6
- Serving Size: 1/4th of the frittata
- Calories: 380
- Sugar: 12
- Fat: 22
- Saturated Fat: 7
- Unsaturated Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 22
- Fiber: 9
- Protein: 19