This weekend for Easter, my brother bought an 18 pound ham and I told him he was crazy. His only reasoning behind it all was that he wanted people to go home with plenty of leftovers and its the only time of the year he ever gets to make a ham this size. Don’t blame him. If you live in the Minneapolis/St Paul area there is a butcher shop called Everette’s that makes some of these best bacon and when you walk around the store you just get a great big woof of the smoke. It smells so good. That is also where my brother got this ham at. It makes some good leftovers, so if you have any leftover ham to use up still please consider making these Ham and Cheddar Scones. They were the bomb with this 2 Ingredient Dough.
It blows my mind that my iphone can take just as good pictures as my DSLR camera can. When I download the image on to my laptop from my phone the file size is just the same size as my DSLR images. Large file sizes such as 3280 X 3280 usually means that the photo is high quality and when you zoom into it you don’t see very many pixels. The image is so crisp and clear. Let me know if that needs any more explaining in the comments below. These photos were taking with my phone. Hope you enjoy!
This weekend I picked up some wooden bowls and this cute little basket at Crate and Barrel. Love them!Print
- 1 cup of non fat greek yogurt
- 1 cup of self rising flour
- 4 oz of diced cooked ham
- 1/2 cup of cheddar
- 1/2 tsp of onion salt
- 1 egg (for the egg wash)
- Everything but the Bagel seasoning (optional) or use my Everything but the Bagel Seasoning recipe
- In a bowl combine the yogurt, flour, diced ham, cheddar, and onion salt until well combined. I used Trader Joe’s Onion Salt seasoning. Place the dough onto a floured surface and roll out the dough into a round disk so that its about an inch thick. Brush the dough with egg wash and cut into 8 equal triangles. Sprinkle with Everything but the Bagel Seasoning (optional).
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Flip half way to brown evenly on both sides.
myWW points: Blue 3; Green 3; Purple 3
- Category: Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 scone
Keywords: ham and cheddar scones