These honey mustard chicken thighs are so flavorful and smothered with a honey mustard sauce. The honey is what makes these chicken thighs very high in points but you can sub out sugar-free maple syrup instead. Instead of honey use 6 tablespoons of the syrup. Each thigh will be 5 points.
Tips for Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs:
Make sure to spoon some more of that sauce over the chicken after it's done cooking. Most of the sauce ends up on the bottom of the pan, and it will taste even better with even more sauce on them.
To get nice brown chicken skin, cook the chicken thighs on a stove top for a couple of minutes on each side first. Then finish cooking them off in the oven. The sauce you just pour over the chicken before placing it in the oven.
Be careful when taking the pan out of the oven, so you don't burn yourself as I did! Use an oven mit first so you don't have to go to the emergency room. 🙂
How to make Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
To print the full recipe please see the recipe card below.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
In a skillet heat some olive oil in a pan. Place the chicken in the pan and cook on both sides until golden brown. About 2 or 3 minutes.
Mix the hoRee Drummond – Baked French Toastney and mustard in a bowl. Pour the honey and mustard over the chicken. Cook the chicken for 25-30 minutes in the oven.
While the chicken is cooking, pan fry the bacon until crispy. garnish the chicken with the bacon and chopped cilantro leaves.
Other Recipes to Try
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Knots
Trisha Yearwood’s Charleston Cheese Dip
If you’ve tried this Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs recipe or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out. Snap a picture and upload it to Pinterest.Print
Honey Mustard Bacon Chicken Thighs
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 25-30 min
- Total Time: 35 min
- Yield: 4 1x
- 4 uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh(s)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoons of mustard
- 3 tablespoons of honey (can sub sugar-free maple syrup for fewer points)
- 3 strips of bacon, cut into small pieces
- cilantro or parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a skillet heat some olive oil in a pan. Place the chicken in the pan and cook on both sides until golden brown. About 2 or 3 minutes.
- Mix the honey and mustard in a bowl. Pour the honey and mustard over the chicken. Cook the chicken for 25-30 minutes in the oven.
- While the chicken is cooking, pan fry the bacon until crispy. garnish the chicken with the bacon and chopped cilantro leaves.
myWW points: Blue 8; Green 8; Purple 8
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Chicken
- Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 427mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: honey mustard chicken thighs
Leave a Reply