Remember how I said I was going to get some chocolate and flowers for myself for Valentine’s Day? I found something even better. This individual chocolate cake made without flour. It was super easy too and only requires four ingredients: Egg, sugar, butter, and chocolate. You can melt the baking chocolate with the butter in the microwave and then slowly incoporate that into the egg and sugar. Pour the batter into a rameken and bake in the oven for 25 minutes. This is life changing for me, because baking a whole entire cake for just 1 person is pretty pointless and it couldn’t be easier! I almost wish I didn’t discover this method for baking cake like this, because now, I’ll be making this all the time whenever I’m craving chocolate cake. You’re not even going to miss the flour!
Everybody is sitting on their couches and watching the Super Bowl. I’m just sitting here on my couch, watching Food Network, and blogging about flourless cake. There is something about the Super Bowl that doesn’t excite me and I don’t get what the big hooplah is about it? Nobody has ever invited me to a Super Bowl party and it makes me feel kind of left out. If someone ever did, I’d be there for the food and the commercials.Print
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 ounces of Baker’s semi sweet chocolate squares
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and chocolate.
- In another small bowl whisk the egg and sugar until well combined.
- Stir the chocolate and butter really well together, and slowly pour in the chocolate into the egg and sugar mixture. Keep on stirring while pouring the chocolate. This will make sure your eggs don’t scramble.
- Preheat oven to 350. Greese a small white rameken with cooking spray and add in the cake mixture. Bake for 25 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. Garnish with whatever toppings you desire!
Nutrition info is just for cake.
Per cake: 23 SmartPoints
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 503
- Sugar: 36.97
- Fat: 33.97
- Saturated Fat: 18.55
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 10.29