Right now I’m going through an Instant Pot phase and I know, I’m kind of late on this bandwagon. I was too busy testing recipes in my air fryer at the time these babies became a thang. Every time I cook a chuck roast in the Instant Pot, I’m amazed at how easy you can take a fork and just poke the meat and it will immediately start falling off. No effort needed and you know what? You don’t even have to brown the beef on each side it’s that tender! This and the pot roast I made previously last week are starting to become my new favorite comfort foods.
Tips for French Dip Sandwiches
One of the reasons why I love my Instant Pot so much are for cooking roasts like this. The Instant Pot hardly takes any time at all to make a juicy and tender roast! The recipe below only includes points for the roast. I left the cheese and bread out but also leave tips below on how to find low point options at the grocery stores.
Bread – Finding a low point bun is super easy on WW. Just take your phone to the grocery store with you and use the barcode scanner that comes with your app. The brand of bread I like is only available in the Midwest according to their website so it might be hard find, but in case you’re wondering I like Village Hearth Brand for bread.
How do you figure out points for recipes?
The recipe builder app from WW is what I use to figure out points for all my recipes. It comes with your WW membership. I would suggest entering my recipes into the builder once you’ve tried it and liked it. That way you can easily track your day. It is also helpful to use if you have a question about the points regarding a recipe.
Why am I still getting different points from what you have listed?
This could be quite a number of reasons and here are a few that I have come across.
- Number of servings
- Low-Fat vs Fat-Free ingredients
- Zero Point foods are different for all 3 plans
Using the nutrition info calculator instead of the recipe builder
Other Instant Pot Recipes
*If you make this recipe please comment and rate the recipe below to let everyone know how it is, or tag me on Instagram!
- 2 – 3 lb Beef Chuck Roast
- 1 10.5 oz can of Beef Consomme
- 1 15 oz can of Low Sodium/ Fat-Free Beef Broth
- 1 10.5 oz can French Onion Soup
- Add the chuck roast to your Instant Pot and open up the 3 three cans. Pour each can into the pot over the chuck roast. Close your Instant Pot and set the dial to Sealing and the time to 1 hr. Walk away and do nothing.
- Once the chuck roast is done in the Instant Pot set it to venting and let the steam all out. Open the lid up and take out the chuck roast to set aside.
- Transfer the liquid to a nonstick skillet and pour it into the pan. Cook on medium-high heat and let the au jus simmer for 10 minutes until it has reduced by half.
- Divide the meat into 8 equal portions for servings size.
myWW: 8 points all 3 plans
Points do not include the bun. Use your scanner to find a low point bun or bread near you that’s available.
- Category: easy
- Method: instant pot
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: instant pot french dip sandwiches