French Dip sandwiches are my new favorite meal to make in the slow cooker or instant pot.
- 3 pound beef chuck roast
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced garlic
- 2 yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- Worcestershire Sauce
- 12 oz can of Beer
- 1 1oz package brown gravy mix
- 6 Slices Provolone Cheese Slices
- 6 Sub Rolls
- Turn on the Instant Pot and select the sauté function. Add a tablespoon of oil and let it heat up. Season the chuck roast with salt and pepper then sear the beef chuck roast on all sides until browned. Remove from the Instant Pot and set aside.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the Instant Pot and sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the Beer, Worcestershire sauce and brown gravy mix to the pot.
- Add the seared beef chuck roast back to the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and set the Instant Pot to manual high pressure for 60 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is complete, do a natural pressure release for 10 minutes, followed by a quick pressure release.
- Remove the beef from the Instant Pot and shred with two forks.
- Strain the cooking liquid through a fine mesh strainer and reserve for dipping.
- Preheat your air fryer 350 degrees. Slice the hoagie rolls in half, place a slice a of cheese on top, and place them in the air fryer basket. Toast in the oven until lightly browned. Let them air fry for 5 minutes.
- Place a generous amount of shredded beef on each hoagie roll, top with a slice of provolone cheese, and place back in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve the sandwiches hot with a side of the reserved cooking liquid for dipping.
myWW: 8 points all 3 plans
Points do not include the bun. Use your scanner to find a low point bun or bread near you that's available.
- Category: easy
- Method: instant pot
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: instant pot french dip sandwiches