- 6 tablespoons of light butter
- 4 cups of sliced onions
- 1/2 tsp of dried thyme
- 4 to 6 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 32 oz of reduced sodium beef broth
- Cooking Spray
- 8 slices of Sargento Ultra Thin Baby Swiss cheese Slices
- 8 1 to 2 oz slices of Ciabatta loaf
- Turn on the Instant Pot and Select Sauté mode (medium-low). Add the butter, and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add sliced onions to your Instant Pot. Sauté for about 15-20 minutes or until onions are golden brown and caramelized. Stir occasionally.
- Add thyme, Worcestershire sauce and beef broth. No extra salt is needed because beef broth has a lot of salt in it already. Stir for 1-2 minutes
- Cover the lid on the Instant Pot, and set it to sealing mode. Pressure cook for 20 minutes followed by a quick release.
- Slice bread and spray with cooking spray. Broil 2 minutes per side or until golden.
- Ladle soup into oven safe bowls or ramekins. Add a slice of bread to the top of the soup. Place a slice of cheese on top of the bread and place back in the oven until the cheese is bubbly and turns golden brown.
myWW points: Blue Points: 3; Green Points: 3; Purple Points: 3
nutrition info below does not include bread
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Instant Pot
- Calories: 281
- Sugar: 5.8g
- Fat: 17.6g
- Saturated Fat: 10.2g
- Carbohydrates: 14.6g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 17.8g
Keywords: instant pot, french onion soup