6 tablespoons of light butter
4 cups of sliced onions
1/2 tsp of dried thyme
4 to 6 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
32 oz of reduced sodium beef broth
8 slices of Sargento Ultra Thin Baby Swiss cheese Slices
8 1 to 2 oz slices of Ciabatta loaf
- Turn on the Instant Pot and Select Sauté mode (medium-low). Add the butter, and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add sliced onions to your Instant Pot. Sauté for about 15-20 minutes or until onions are golden brown and caramelized. Stir occasionally.
- Add thyme, Worcestershire sauce and beef broth. No extra salt is needed because beef broth has a lot of salt in it already. Stir for 1-2 minutes
- Cover the lid on the Instant Pot, and set it to sealing mode. Pressure cook for 20 minutes followed by a quick release.
- Slice bread and spray with cooking spray. Broil 2 minutes per side or until golden.
- Ladle soup into oven safe bowls or ramekins. Add a slice of bread to the top of the soup. Place a slice of cheese on top of the bread and place back in the oven until the cheese is bubbly and turns golden brown.
Smart Points: 3 (1 cup)
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Instant Pot
Keywords: instant pot, french onion soup