If you have any leftover ham you need to use up, try this simple recipe for Ham and Potato Soup. It can be made in your Instant Pot, Slow Cooker, or on the Stove Top.
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 sweet yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups leftover cooked ham (sliced, cubed, or shredded)
- 1 (15oz) can cannellini beans or butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 5 cups of chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Add the potatoes, onion, carrot, ham, beans, frozen corn, chicken broth, and spices to your Instant Pot and select soup setting. (Manual Pressure cook for 30 minutes)
- Close and lock the lid and set the vent to sealing. Allow time for pressure to build.
- When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.Remove bay leaf.
- Serve immediately.
- See notes above for how to make this soup in your slow cooker or Instant Pot
MyWW points: Blue: 3 ; Green: 6; Purple: 3
- Category: Easy
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Keywords: instant pot ham and potato soup