I’ve had my Instant Pot for quite some time and think that I am finally getting the hang of it. I love how tender meat can get and how fast the meat gets done. Slow Cooker Pulled Pork takes 8 hrs or even longer on a smoker. This pulled pork was done in about an hr and it was so tender that it fell apart when I tried to take it out of the pot. Last weekend, I cooked a pot roast for my friend and we were both impressed at how fast that it cooked everything. That made me inspired to try different types of meat and stews after.
I tried to make a WW friendly version of pulled pork and it can be done. Use a light bun, they are 2 points each and toast them up in the oven or air fryer. Stubbs BBQ sauce has a 1 sp BBQ sauce and even 0 point sauce you can use if you like to top your pork off with that. That can be found at Wal-Mart. With 2 oz of pulled pork the smart points come to 9 per serving. Makes roughly 10 sandwiches. Oh yah, and this post isn’t sponsored or anything, I just really like Stubbs BBQ Sauce. 🙂Print
Tender and Juicy Pulled Pork for only 9 Smart Points
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 onion, medium sized
- 1 pork shoulder or pork butt 3- 4 pounds boneless
- 1 15 oz can of pineapple
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 2 cups barbecue sauce optional
- Mix the paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder, chili powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Cut pork in half, then rub the spice blend all over each piece of pork. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Turn the Instant Pot on Sauté and once it says “hot”, add the oil.
- Sauté pork 3-4 minutes on each side until it is brown. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add can of pineapple, chicken broth, onion, and liquid smoke then close the lid. Make sure the seal is closed.
- Cook on “Manual” or “Meat/Stew” button for 90 minutes.
- When done, let the pressure naturally release (about 10 minutes) or turn the valve to venting.
- Place the pork onto a plate to shred with two forks.
- If you like BBQ sauce on your pork, remove the excess liquid in pot and place the pulled pork back into the Instant Pot. Stir in about 1-2 cups of BBQ sauce, close the lid and place on warm until ready to serve.
Smart Points: 9
Get an Instant Pot here.