Incredible tender beef and vegetables come together fast in this Instant Pot Pot Roast recipe. The best Sunday dinner.
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 7 yellow gold potatoes cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 cups of baby carrots (do not chop)
- 2 lbs and 4oz beef chuck roast
- 2 tsp of onion powder
- 2 tsp of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 32 oz of beef broth (fat free, low sodium)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup cornstarch or flour to thicken the gravy up
- Add the chopped carrots, potatoes, onions, and chuck roast to your Instant Pot. Then add the garlic powder, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, and beef broth to the pot.
- Close your Instant Pot and set it to sealing mode. Set your timer for 1 hr and the Instant Pot mode to pressure cook. When the cooking time is up, do a natural release for 10 minutes.
- Once the pressure cooker is done, remove all the vegetables and chuck roast from the pot. Do not remove the broth. Add that to a medium non-stick skillet.
- In a bowl or liquid measuring cup whisk the flour and water together until it forms a smooth paste. Bring your beef broth to a boil and add the flour/water mixture to the pan. Let that simmer for 5 to 7 minutes until the liquid starts to bubble. When the gravy is ready you can take one of your fingers and run it across the back of a spoon and all the liquid around that area will still stick to the spoon.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
myWW points: Blue 11; Green 11; Purple 6
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with WW in any way. I am just a member who creates recipes based on their points system. If you have any questions related to the program go to their website. The recipe builder is what I use to figure out points.
- Category: easy
- Method: instant pot
- Cuisine: american
- Calories: 533
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 544
- Fat: 29
- Saturated Fat: 12
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 32
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 35
Keywords: instant pot sunday pot roast