1 5 to 7 pound turkey breast (can be boneless or bone-in)
1 to 2 tbsp of olive oil
Seasoning salt of choice
2 tablespoons of flour
2 tablespoons of butter
2 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- Drain the brine from the turkey breast and rinse the turkey with water. Pat the turkey dry with some paper towels. Season your turkey with salt and pepper or seasoning salt of choice.
- Set your IP to Saute mode. Let the Instant Pot heat up for a while and add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sear the turkey breast on all sides.
- Turn off Saute Mode. Take out the turkey breast (set it aside on a plate) and add in one cup of water to the bottom of the pot and set a trivet down on the bottom so that you can easily lift the turkey breast up when it is done. Place the turkey breast on top of the trivet.
- Cook the turkey breast on the Manual High setting for 45 minutes. Set the vent to sealing mode.
- After the 45 minutes is done do a quick release.
- Take the bird out of the pot and drain the excess water. If you wish to make gravy press cancel to turn off the pot then set it to Saute mode again. Add the butter to the pot, let that melt, and whisk in flour. Gradually add in the chicken stock and let the gravy simmer until thickened.
Freestyle Points: 3
- Category: Easy
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 4oz
Keywords: instant pot turkey breast with gravy