8 slices of Light Bread or light bread
1 bottle of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Spray
8 pinches of garlic salt to taste
4 oz Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
1 pound lean Ground Beef 93%
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
1 12 oz can tomato paste
1 envelope Italian Mushroom spaghetti sauce mix
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
1 clove garlic crushed
1 bay leave crumbled
- Chop onion and cook it in a skillet over medium-high heat until the onion is cooked through. About 5-7 minutes.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until the beef is no longer pink in the middle. Drain any extra fat.
- Continue adding the tomato sauce, tomato paste, sauce mix, water, and seasonings to the skillet. Stir really well and let the spaghetti sauce simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. When the cooking is done remove the bay leaf out.
- Toast bread in the toaster. When the toast is ready spray with the butter spray and sprinkle with garlic salt and parsley. Top with 1/2 cup of the spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Serving size: 1 slice of toast, plus 1/2 cup of sauce, 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese
myWW: blue: 7; green: 7; purple 7
- Category: Medium
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: italian sloppy joes