- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed very well under cold water
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2lbs peeled & de-veined shrimp
- 1 recipe Jerk seasoning blend (or 2-1/2 Tablespoons store-bought)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup each chopped strawberries, mandarin oranges, green grapes, and canned pineapple tidbits packed in natural juices (drained and juices reserved)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
For the Caribbean Vinaigrette:
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons reserved pineapple juice
- salt & pepper
- Rinse quinoa very well under running water, then combine with chicken broth in a pot. Bring to a boil then place a lid on top, turn heat to low, and simmer until broth has been absorbed and quinoa is cooked, about 15 minutes. Spread quinoa out onto a big plate to cool.
- Meanwhile, pat shrimp dry with paper towels then place in a large bowl. Add olive oil and jerk seasoning blend, then toss to coat. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, spray with non-stick spray, then cook shrimp for 1-2 minutes a side, or until cooked all the way through. May need to work in batches. Set shrimp aside.
- Combine Caribbean Vinaigrette ingredients in a jar or bowl, then shake or whisk to combine. Place chopped fruit, green onions, and cilantro in a large bowl then add cooled quinoa and dressing. Stir well then taste and add more salt & pepper, if necessary. Spoon quinoa onto plates and top with cooked shrimp.
- Serving size: 1/4 of the recipe
myWW points: Blue Points: 4; Green Points: 4; Purple Points: 2
- Category: Dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Caribbean
- Serving Size: 1/4
Keywords: quino, shrimp