This kid-friendly pasta is not only for children, any adult will love it! It is packed full of cheddar, bacon, and tomatoes and comes with an easy homemade dressing.
- 12 ounces fun-shaped pasta such as radiatore
- 8 slices thin bacon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash sugar optional
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes (yellow and red) halved lengthwise
- 1/2 pound Cheddar, cut into small cubes
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced Ground black pepper
- 24 whole basil leaves, chiffonade
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Then drain and rinse in cold water until cool. Set aside.
- Cut the bacon into 1/2-inch pieces and throw it into a large skillet. Saute until slightly crisp, and then remove to a paper-towel-lined-plate.
- For the dressing, mix the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, salt, and sugar(if using) in a small bowl.
- Stir together the pasta, dressing, tomatoes, bacon, Cheddar and green onions in a large mixing bowl.
- Taste for seasonings, adding more salt and pepper if needed. Stir in the basil at the end. Makes 8 servings, serving size 1 1/2 cups
MyWW points: Blue: 9; Green: 9; Purple: 9 (using all fat-free ingredients)
- Category: Easy
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 413
- Sugar: 3.7g
- Fat: 23.2g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 34.7g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 15.5g
Keywords: kid friendly pasta