This shrimp dip is a layered dip of cream cheese, shrimp cocktail sauce, tomatoes, green onions, cheese, and shrimp. Take it to a cocktail party and serve it with some gourmet crackers or your favorite chips. It's a nice little twist on your typical shrimp cocktail dip.
Why You Will Love this Recipe
This dip would be fun to make for a Holiday party because of the red and green colors. This recipe comes from a cookbook meetup group that I used to be a part of. The owner of the club gave it to me. Have you ever tried meetup.com? It's a great way to find new friends by finding hobbies or similar interests. There was a cookbook meetup group in my area where I found this recipe from. Who knows maybe there's some kind of cool foodie club in the area you live in as well.
How to make Layered Shrimp Dip
You can print off the full recipe below.
Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise together in a bowl. Room Temperature cream cheese works best.
Spread cream cheese on the bottom of a large serving plate.
Top with cocktail sauce.
Top with cooked shrimp and chopped green onions.
Here are some tools that will help will help you with the recipes. All links will open in Amazon. Yes I do get a small earning if purchase from the link
Large Serving Platter Set - DELLING 16/14/12inch White Rectangular Dessert Plate/Salad Plates
Heinz Cocktail Sauce, Original, for Seafood,12oz, (pack of 2)
Tips for Serving Appetizers
My family loves to serve appetizers on Christmas Eve. Here are some tips I’ve learned during the Holidays for preparing or serving appetizers in a large family.
- Have a variety of appetizers available served warm or cold.
- See if there are other ways to prepare the appetizer so you’re not constantly using the oven in your home or someone else’s. Slow Cookers or Air Fryers are great for this reason.
- Many appetizers can be made ahead of time. See what ingredients in the recipe can be cooked the day before.
- Have plenty of fancy serving platters around to arrange the appetizers on. Dips and fancy spreads look nice on a white serving tray.
Other Recipes To Try
Please Let Me Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets us know how we are doing and lets others know they should try it!
I would love to see your creations on Pinterest. Upload them and leave a comment on my Pinterest page!
Are you on Instagram? Follow along and TAG US @recipediariesww
This shrimp dip is a layered dip of cream cheese, shrimp cocktail sauce, tomatoes, green onions, cheese, and shrimp. Take it to a cocktail party and serve it with some gourmet crackers or your favorite chips.
- 8 ounces of cream cheese (reduced fat)
- 8 ounces of sour cream (reduced fat)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (reduced fat)
- 1-9oz jar of cocktail sauce
- 2 cans of baby shrimp
- 1 8oz package of mozzarella cheese (reduced fat)
- 2-3 tomatoes diced
- 1 bunch of green onions chopped
- Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise together in a bowl. Room Temperature cream cheese works best.
- Spread cream cheese on the bottom of a large serving plate.
- Top with cocktail sauce.
- Top with cooked shrimp and chopped green onions and tomatoes.
Recipe from Jean
myWW points: Blue 10; Green 11; Purple 10
- Category: Easy
- Method: Dip
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 262
- Sugar: 3
- Fat: 22
- Saturated Fat: 10
- Unsaturated Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 11
Keywords: layered shrimp dip