So there’s a very popular recipe on Instagram going around for 0 smart point cheesecake and it is possible if you leave out the graham cracker crust and use artificial sweeteners. I love cheesecake and the graham cracker crust is one of my favorite parts of the cheesecake. Don’t get me started on artificial sweeteners either. There is a war going on about that on different weight watcher sites right now and people are either for or against them. If you wish to replace this sugar with some type of artificial sweetener please look up whatever it is you use and find out, because I honestly have no clue, Sorry! Oh yeah, and I’m sorry my recipe isn’t 0 points, but I promise you it is still good! These cheesecake bars are only 3 smart points a piece and it makes a total of 12 servings, cut them into 12 equal portions and top them off with fruit, caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, etc. I’m going to try making different flavors with this base recipe.
Is anybody else sick of Winter yet? I know I am. Yesterday it felt like Spring here and it was 40 degrees. Today, it’s blowing snow and freezing out. The only good thing happening right now is that it is starting to get lighter out every day and that allows me to post a picture of my dinner on Instagram. Oh the little things in life that makes me happy. LOL.
- 3 graham cracker sheets
- 1 tablespoon of light butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups plain Greek Yogurt (whole or 2%)
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (or 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and 1 tsp of lemon zest)
- Break cookies and place in food processor.* Pulse until ground into medium-fine crumbs. Put into medium mixing bowl and add the melted butter.
- Or crush the graham crackers in a ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- In a medium bowl add the greek yogurt and sugar. Stir until combined then add in 4 eggs, cornstarch, salt, vanilla extract, and lemon extract.
- Place the graham cracker crumbs into an 8X8 in pan pressing down on them to cover the whole pan. Then pour the cheesecake batter over the crumbs. Give it a shake a couple of times on the table to make sure the batter is evenly distributed over the crust. Bake at 300 for 60 minutes.
- Garnish the cheesecake with any type of fruit you’d like.
myWW points: Blue Points: 5; Green Points: 5; Purple Points: 3
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with WW in any way. I am just a member who creates recipes based on their points system. If you have any questions related to the program go to their website.
- Category: Medium
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 67
- Sugar: 6
- Fat: 2
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Protein: 5
Keywords: lemon cheesecake bars