Awhile ago, I made layered chicken cordon bleu casserole. Since the concept was pretty easy, I decided to take the same layering concept and apply it to this. Place chicken in pan and top with sauce, cheese, and pepperonis and bake in a hot oven until the chicken is done. That’s the same thing you would do with the chicken cordon bleu casserole, but top the chicken with ham, cheese, and the bread crumbs. This takes less than 5 minutes to prep people if you have all the ingredients out and ready to go.
You can use your favorite pizza toppings for this, it doesn’t just have to be pepperoni and cheese. I just happened to have some of those cute mini pepperoni slices over and topped the pizza with that. This pizza chicken is low carb also so you can eat as much pizza chicken as you like. If you like a less healthier recipe, try my Texas Toast Garlic Bread Pizza. Kind of the same concept.Print
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 4 boneless-skinless chicken breasts
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 tsp. Greek oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 oz. part-skim Mozzarella or reduced fat Cheddar Cheese
- 2 oz. sliced mini pepperonis
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, greek oregano, and garlic powder.
- In a 8X10 sprayed casserole dish, lay the chicken breasts down on the bottom of the pan. Brush the chicken with the olive oil, oregano, and garlic powder. Top the chicken breast with about two tablespoons of sauce, 1 oz cheese (use your food scale to weigh), and mini pepperonis.
- Bake for 20 – 22 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Serving size: 1 chicken breast
myWW points: Blue 5; Green 7; Purple 5
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 218
- Sugar: .51
- Fat: 11.26
- Saturated Fat: 4.70
- Carbohydrates: 1.61
- Fiber: .3
- Protein: 26.23
Recipe adapted from Kalyn’s Kitchen