Arugula salad topped with marinated cherry tomatoes and shaved parmesan is my new favorite salad. I almost wish I would have had this recipe about a week ago when I had all the ingredients on hand. I was wondering what to make with them. I also hate it when I buy a container of arugula and I don’t use it right away and then the salad goes bad before we end up actually using that. Does that ever happen to anyone else? I wish you could buy whatever amount of salad you needed in the grocery store. 3.99 for a big container of lettuce is kind of expensive. It’s like your paying for the container and not the salad.
Amy made this on her show with Crispy Cheese Curd Risotto Cakes
Cheese curds in risotto? That’s on my next list to try.
Recipe from Amy ThielenPrint
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces arugula, washed and dried
- 2 ounces shaved Parmesan
- Combine the cherry tomatoes in a medium bowl with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the sugar, lemon juice, vinegar and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Marinate at room temperature for a minimum of 30 minutes and up to 3 hours.
- If the marinated cherry tomatoes have released a lot of juice, pour a little off before adding the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Place the arugula in a salad bowl and season lightly with salt and pepper. Add the cherry tomato mixture and toss to combine. Top with the parmesan. Serve.
- Serving size: portion salad into 6 bowls or use 1 cup for serving size.
myWW points: Blue Points: 4; Green Points: 4; Purple Points: 4
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stir
- Serving Size: 1/6th of the recipe
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: salad, cherry tomatoes