Mexican Bean Pizza is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that combines the flavors of Mexican cuisine with the classic pizza. This recipe is perfect for those who love a little bit of spice and a lot of flavor.
Mexican Bean Pizza is perfect to serve on Taco Tuesday or Friday night pizza night. It comes together fast with the help of store-bought pizza dough or you can make your own pizza dough using 2-Ingredient Dough.
I really love those store-bought pizza doughs you can get from Pillsbury. I used that to make this pizza but I also love using my recipe 2 ingredient dough as well to keep pizza low in points. If you like Mexican food then you'll really like this. This pizza has fat free re-fried beans, salsa, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and green onions. You can top it with fat-free sour cream or guacamole but that would be more points.
Why You Will Like This Recipe
Mexican Bean Pizza is a great option for a quick and easy weeknight dinner that the whole family will love. It’s packed with protein, fiber, and flavor, and can be customized to your liking. Give it a try and enjoy!
It's also great for Taco Tuesday night.
- Store-bought pizza crust (such as Pillsbury) - This versatile pizza dough is a great addition to any meal and can be used to create a variety of dishes, from sweet to savory.
- Refried beans (fat-free)
- Fat-free salsa - Use your favorite brand of salsa or homemade salsa
- Taco seasoning - Is a blend of spices used to flavor ground beef or other meats for use in tacos. It typically includes a combination of chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and sometimes salt and pepper. It can be purchased pre-mixed, or made at home using individual spices. I usually buy the Lower Sodium Taco Seasoning packets such as Mrs Dash.
- Reduced fat Mexican cheese blend - I like to use Reduced-Fat Cheese because it has a lower calorie count and less saturated fat than regular cheese, but it may also have a different taste and texture.
- Pizza toppings: iceberg lettuce, Chopped scallions, Diced tomatoes
How To Make Mexican Bean Pizza
Place the store-bought pizza dough on a sheet pan or pizza pan large enough to fit the dough.
Mix the taco seasoning and refried beans together in a bowl and spread the beans on top of the pizza leaving a ½ inch edge for the crust. Next spread the salsa on top of the beans and then top with cheese.
Bake the pizza at 400 for 15 minutes and once the pizza is done baking in the oven you can top it with your favorite taco toppings. I like to use tomatoes, green onions, and shredded lettuce. Avocado or black olives would be good on this pizza as well.
Other Pizza Recipes
Tropical Fruit Pizza
If you tried this Mexican Bean Pizza any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you! Follow along on Tiktok @jennarecipediariesPrint
Mexican Bean Pizza is perfect to serve on Taco Tuesday or Friday night pizza night.
- 10 oz store-bought pizza crust (such as Pillsbury)
- ¾ cup of refried beans (fat-free)
- 3 tablespoons of fat-free salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 ½ cups of reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup of iceberg lettuce
- 3 tablespoons of chopped scallions
- 1 cup of diced tomatoes
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl mix together beans and taco seasoning. Spread onto pizza leaving about ½ inch for the crust. Next spread 3 tablespoons of salsa on top of the beans and then layer on the cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Layer on lettuce, tomatoes, and scallions. Serves 9 people. I like to cut the pizza into squares instead of triangles for this.
- Slice into 9 equal squares. Serving size is 1 slice.
MyWW points: Blue: 6; Green: 6, Purple: 6
- Category: PIzza
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Pizza
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 151
- Sodium: 459mg
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4g
- Carbohydrates: 19.5g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 8.4
Keywords: Mexican Bean Pizza