I’ve been on a kale kick lately. Yesterday, I purchased 2 bunches of kale to make smoothies with. I know what you’re thinking… ewwww kale?! Gross. But, with pepperonis and parmesan cheese, kale is REALLY good. It’s also good in smoothies and every now and then I’ll go over to Juice It and get my energy boost from one of their greeen juices.
Eggs with kale is also delicious and if you’ve never tried kale before, now would be the time! It is New Years after all, and everyone is trying to eat healthy.
I’ve been trying to prep meals for the week lately. I’ll buy everything I need for the week, and then make everything on Sunday. So far, I really like it and I’ll just store all the food in tupperware containers. I’m really bad at not bringing a lunch to work. It’s so easy to just go over to the grocery store near by and get something at the salad bar, deli, or go over to Taco Bell. I’d be happy if I brought my own lunch 3 out of 5 of the work days.Lunch is always the hardest thing for me to decide what to bring. Breakfast is super easy. You could just freeze these and pop them in the microwave at work.Print
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces of pepperoni (about 2 tablespoons chopped)
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 1/8 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked kale
- In a medium non stick skillet, saute the kale in 1 tsp of olive oil. About 4-8 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, pepperoni, parmesan cheese, crushed red pepper flakes, and black pepper.You do not need any salt because the parmesan cheese and pepperoni are already salty.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 8 muffin cups with paper liners and place about 2 tablespoons of the egg mixture into each. Bake for 20-22 minutes or unti lthe egg mixture has set.
myWW points: Blue Points: 1; Green Points: 3; Purple Points: 1
- Serving Size: 1 egg muffin
- Calories: 126
- Sugar: .44
- Fat: 8.9
- Saturated Fat: 3.1
- Carbohydrates: 2.16
- Fiber: .4
- Protein: 8.89