Mint Chip Ice Cream Cake is the most tempting dessert to eat for a Birthday or during Summertime on a super hot day! An Easy 5 ingredient versatile recipe that you can adapt to your needs.
Every now and then I really like to share something naughty and by naughty I mean a not so WW friendly dessert. I’m the type of person that really enjoys desserts and when I want a dessert like this I either A. Make sure that I work out at the gym that day or B. Just eat it and move on and get the temptation over with! It is OK to EF up every now and then along your weight loss journey. This is something I’d eat on a cheat day.
I thought of ways that this mint chip ice cream cake COULD be more point friendly but just decided to use all the good stuff. The ingredients for this mint chip ice cream cake has an Oreo cookie crust, hot fudge sauce, ice cream, and whipped dessert topping. If you would LIKE to replace ingredients for reduced fat ones you can. Mint Chip Ice Cream Cake is the most tempting dessert to eat for a Birthday or during Summertime. I used to date this guy and his Mom would make this ALL the time and I couldn’t believe how easy it is. This cake reminded me so much of a Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake.
Tips for Mint Chip Ice Cream Cake
Let the ice cream sit out at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes so that it is soft and easy to scoop out. I like to use the quart size containers for this because you can cut out slices easier with a knife but the pint-size containers will work as well.
Use store-bought cookie crust to save time on making the crust.
You can microwave the hot fudge sauce right in the jar in the microwave so that it is easier to scoop out onto the top of the ice cream.
If you don’t like mint chip ice cream just use your favorite flavor of ice cream. I mean, the sky is the limit to this. It is a very versatile recipe.
Any type of pan will work for this and can easily be doubled.
Mint Chip Ice Cream Cake
Mint Chip Ice Cream Cake is the most tempting dessert to eat for a Birthday or during Summertime on a super hot day! An Easy 5 ingredient versatile recipe that easy to change up.
- Prep Time: 10 to 15 min
- Total Time: 1 hr
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
1/2 package (14.2oz) Oreo cookies crushed
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tub (1.5 quarts of mint chocolate chip Ice cream, slightly thawed
1 (12.8oz) jar of Hot Fudge Sauce
1 8oz container of frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Remove mint chip ice cream from freezer; allow to stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes. The ice cream should be soft and scoop able when ready to work with.
- Melt Butter in microwave safe bowl.
- In a food processor add the Oreo thin cookies and pulverize them. Gradually add in melted butter until crumbs form.
- Dump the crushed Oreo cookies into an 9 in spring form pan and pat the crust down until there is an even layer.
- Scoop mint chip ice cream over the Oreo crust. Spread the ice cream flat and even with a spatula. Spread the hot fudge sauce evenly over the top of the ice cream and then the cool whip.
- Return to freezer until firmly frozen, at least 4 hours or overnight for best results.
- Garnish the top of the pie with more Oreos if desired.
Not a WW recipe
- Serving Size: 1