I am so excited to share this post with everyone! Krusteaz sent me some of their new products to test like the Molten Lava Cookies and Crumb Cake and I decided to make my own recipe with the two cookie boxes that I got. I liked chocolate and caramel and regular cookies with chocolate so I thought why couldn’t I combine the two in the bar together and add some peanut butter and chocolate chips to them? Crazy! The top part is like a brownie and the bottom is like a regular cookie, the best of both World’s!
These took a little bit longer to bake in the oven than I thought it would being a double layer of cookie dough. I kept on testing the cookie batter with a tooth pick to see if it was clean and keeping track of the time it took to cook them. About 50 minutes at 350 degrees to bake. This is using two cookie batters after all. I love taking boxed mixes and seeing what I can come up! Once these cookie bars are done with I’m headed straight for the lemon bars!Print
- 1 box of Krusteaz Molten Deep Dish Lava Coookie
- 1 box of Krusteaz Molten Deep Dish Chocolate Lava Coookie
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of butterscotch chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup of peanut butter
- Make both boxes of Krusteaz mix according to package directions in two separate bowls.
- Add 1/2 cup of butterscotch chips to the chocolate mix.
- Add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and and 1/3 cup of peanut butter to the Krusteaz Molten Deep Dish Lava Coookie.
- In a 8×8 baking press the Krusteaz Molten Deep Dish Lava Cookie mix into the bottom of a pan. Spread the chocolate fudge sauce evenly over the cookie batter. Next, press the chocolate cookie batter on top of the Molten Deep Dish Lava cookie batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. Heat the caramel sauce in a microwave for 20 minutes and drizzle over the bars. Enjoy!